April 28, 2016 by Alto Hartley
Seven of the Hottest Food Trucks in Washington, D.C.
Food trucks are hot right now and they aren’t going anywhere any time soon (except maybe to different locations around the city). Keep reading for a quick rundown of some of the best food trucks in Washington, D.C.
Check out some of the best food trucks in Washington, D.C.
We’ve compiled a handy list of some of our favorite food trucks and included their Twitter handles because…well you can’t try them out if you don’t know where they’re parked.
1. Arepa Zone:
- Cuisine: Serving authentic Venezuelan cuisine. They won several awards in 2015 and 2014, including Best Chef, Best Customer Service, Breakthrough Dish (Tequenos), and Food Truck of the Year (2014).
- Twitter: @arepazone #ArepaZone
2. Astro Doughnuts:
- Cuisine: Serving fried chicken and doughnuts, an excellent combination, if you ask us.
- Twitter: @astrodoughnuts
- Cuisine: The name says it all, Korean tacos! They have an extended pop-up location at 13th & F Street, NW, and a brick and mortar location at The Yards DC in the Capitol Riverfront.
- Twitter: @takorean
4. Red Hook Lobster Pound
- Cuisine: Lobster rolls! And they’re not messing around. They offer both mayo and non-mayo options to appease both sides of the great lobster roll divide.
- Twitter: @LobstertruckDC, #LobsterLunch
5. Hula Girl Truck
- Cuisine: Hawaiian. Offering teriyaki plate lunches, salads, and sandwiches.
- Twitter: @hulagirltruck
6. Chatpat Truck
- Cuisine: serving Indian cuisine
- Twitter: @ChatpatTruck
7. DC Slices
- Cuisine: D.C.’s only mobile pizza kitchen serving thin crust pizza. Are you a pizza lover? Read about the history of pizza and the history of pepperoni.
- Twitter: @dcslices